Only four months remain of 2019, it’s time we set the strategic steps for 2020 and ‘Lead Generation’ has emerged as a winner. So, let’s talk about the Golden Rules for B2B Lead Generation today.
We start with identifying a problem statement – only 40% of the leads turn into actual customers. Can this be true? If so, what can we do to bring up this percentage? The answer lies in the Golden Rules that are applicable for B2B Lead generation.
Which B2B Lead Generation Strategies Work?
- Unfortunately, people work less on strategies and invest efforts on the quantitative part of the campaigns for Lead Generation. Hence, the focus is on gathering momentum rather than setting a good foundation for the campaigns.
- Your strategy should be versatile – a ‘Fast try – Fast fail – Fast recover’ approach. A strategy may not work. Two strategies might or you need to combine three or more approaches for results.
- Compared to the channel you choose, how you use it matters more. Accordingly, your strategy should cover this. Here, the main purpose is to achieve a certain target which is clear and based more on statistics rather than a gut feeling.
Golden Rules 1: Avoiding The Leaky Pipeline
- In many cases, leads are lost because Sales do not follow up do not have a proper process of following up with leads. As such, many warm leads are lost (we have a term for it called Ghost Leads).
- It is a good idea to use a CRM or Marketing Automation tool to track and report the leads generated and what is being done with these leads. Luckily, today we have many platforms available in the market for intelligent reporting and analytics.
Golden Rules 2: Good Lead, Bad Lead
- There is no such thing as a bad lead. It’s a person from your target market, from your target company, a decision-maker or an important influencer. They can be a Bad Contact but not a Bad Lead.
- If you’re having problems in connecting with the right people, then somebody, somewhere isn’t following the rules, isn’t doing the right profiling and is not nailing the right target market and audience.
Golden Rules 3: The Nurturing Process
- Lead Nurturing one of the most important parts of a Lead generation that most organization miss out. Unfortunately, limited nurturing activities happen when it comes to managing lead pipelines.
- You keep sharing information, you keep in touch, you build credibility, you build a rapport and nurture that rapport. There is an opportunity even in the future with the lead you have generated.
2020 is going to be an interesting year to look out for with the above trends leading the 2019 tech-roadmap. I had already spoken on the topic, further elaborating these three trends. The video is available on our YouTube channel, should you like to check out.
Hope you will have a great rest of the year. All the best!