Role: Data Architect
Location: Pune M.H
No of positions: 01
Qualification: Bachelor’s degree in computer science or a related field
- Over 10+ years of experience in IT industry. Over 5+ yrs of exp in MongoDB DBA and 1yr of exp in Document DB and Aurora MySQL.
- Experience in managing multi-node MongoDB clusters on Cloud and On-premises environment.
- Extensive experience in designing MongoDB replica sets and multi-sharded cluster.
- Experience in upgrading various versions of Mongo database on different platforms.
- Good experience on MongoDB scaling across data centers and in-depth understanding of MongoDB HA strategies, including replica sets.
- Experience in Performance testing and Query optimization.
- Experience in creating and managing instances in AWS Document DB and Aurora MySQL.
- Strong Knowledge in MySQL DB administration, installation & slave configuration.
- Good communication and Leadership Qualities, Strong Team Player with problem-solving and trouble-shooting capabilities.
- Involved in Project Transition Meetings from Onsite and Offshore transition.
- Involved in training / mentoring the new members of the team.
- RDBMS, MySQL, Aurora MySQL and SQL server
NoSQL, MongoDB, Document DB
Tools/UtiliService Now, ROBO Mongo, mongo top, mongo stats,
Putty, WinSCP,Ops Manager, Sitescope.
Certifications & Trainings:
- AWS – Certified in AWS Solutions Architect Associate
- MongoDB – Completed MongoDB DBA training (M102) from MongoDB University
- ITIL – Certified in ITIL V3 foundation in IT Service Management
Responsibilities of MongoDB DBA:
- Designed, Installed and configured a multi node MongoDB replica sets and Sharded cluster.
- Upgrading the latest version of Mongo database on all the environments for better features.
- Installing and Upgrading Ops Manager servers.
- Creating EC2 MongoDB instances in AWS and managing it.
- Evaluate performance of current operations in database and deliver proper solution based on read, write operations.
- Enabling profiling level to debug issues and tuning long running queries.
- Monitoring document growth, storage performances, disk usage and taking corrective actions.
- Configured SSL keyfiles to implement security across all mongod instances and Renewing the SSL root certificate file using third party tool.
- Implemented point in time restores backups using Ops manager.
- Configured Role-Based Access control with custom roles and privileges.
- Backup/Restoration of database through mongodump/mongorestore utility.
- Monitoring and fixing chunk migration issues in large sharded cluster environment.
- Ensure technical documentation is kept up to date.
- Resolution of day to day related issues and Mongo DBA routine tasks.
Responsibilities of Document DB and Aurora MySQL:
- Understanding the Cloud native architecture of Amazon Document DB and Aurora MySQL.
- Created the cluster and managing the endpoints.
- Involved in performance testing and query tuning and index creation in Document DB.
- Upgrading and downgrading the instance type based on the need.
- Monitoring logs and alerts using CloudWatch.
- Creation of users and assigning custom roles to provide access.